Apparel Sewing Podcasts








I started listening to podcasts in 2017 with my first being the the Make Style podcast. It was and still is fun to listen to a podcast while sewing. I never really listened to podcasts before I started listening to Maker Style and then I branched out to other genres of podcasts. Below are list of some of my favorite sewing podcasts.I know there are more out there and new ones starting.


Make Style- Host, Rachel from Canada
Maker Style was the first sewing podcast that I listened to and it is sad that Rachel is no longer able to make new episodes. Some of my favorite episodes were Elisalex from By Hand London and Allie from Indie Sew. Fun Fact:  Rachel interviewed Helen who started the Love to Sew podcast and Kimberly who started a Coffee with Makers podcast.






Love to Sew- Hosts, Helen and Caroline from Canada
Helen runs an independent sewing pattern company called Helen's Closet and Caroline runs an online fabric store. Some of my favorite episodes are Megan Nielsen from Megan Nielsen Patterns, and Adrianna from Hey June Patterns. I think they have excellent show notes that have the information and pictures to everything they talked about during the show. Fun Fact: Love to Sew and Stitcher's Brew both released an interview with Tilly from Tilly and the Buttons within days of each other.






Stitcher's Brew- Hosts,  Gabby and Megan from Great Britain
I learned about the sewing world in Great Britain and new sewists that I had never heard about. The podcast offers a lot of laughter and this podcast is rare in that most of the interviews are in person. They usually interview two people at the same. I liked that not only do they interview people who have a sewing business, but also sewing bloggers and vloggers. They are on a hiatus right now, but hopefully it will be back.




Sew and Tell- Hosts, Meg from Canada and Amanda and Kate from United States
What's unique about this podcast is that Amanda and Kate work for Sew News Magazine and this is probably part of their day job to host this podcast and Meg works for Burda Style patterns. My favorite segment that they have at the end of every episode is when they talk about what they are currently sewing. The great pattern sewing debate and sewing slump are two good episodes to try out.

Coffee With Makers-Host,  Kimberly from United States
Kimberly runs an independent sewing pattern company called Straight Stitch Designs. While not solely talking about sewing, she still does interview people who sew. Other interviews are on many different art and craft forms. I especially liked the episodes with Tabitha Sewer and Katie Kortman.

Note: I designed the photos in Canva.

Comments