Abi Jumpsuit


I have been wanting to sew up the Abi Jumpsuit by Athina Kakou Patterns since it was released last year. I wasn't sure if I could pull off. Would I feel out of place in a jumpsuit? I contacted the designer Athina about if the pdf pattern would print on US letter paper (yes it does) and why the neckband was not cut with the stretch of the fabric (to keep it from getting stretched out).



I finally made the jumpsuit.  I chose a cotton spandex jersey from Raspberry Creek Fabrics. I sewed view 2 with short sleeves and long pants. I have never sewed darts on knit fabric before, but the fabric didn't bunch up in my machine like I thought could potentially happen.  The pattern has dolman sleeves which are called grow on sleeves in Europe.

A jumpsuit won't be part of my everyday, but it was really comfortable wearing and I didn't feel like an oddity wearing a jumpsuit in public. I could have probably chosen one size smaller and still been fine.




I thought the instructions were easy to follow and Athina even had a video sew along to help out with the sewing process. If you are debating about jumpsuits, I would say go for it and a knit jumpsuit is more forgiving to sew than a woven one.

Comments