Mountain Pose Pants and Velvet City Park Tee


City Park Tee by Hey June Patterns.   Mountain Pose Pants by Hey June Patterns.

The mountain pose pants are a quick sew especially sewn up on a serger. I used french terry knit fabric and the fabric is extremely soft and comfy. I need to buy more in different colors. Did I mention it's a free pattern? Yes, it's a good one. I highly recommend this pattern even if you don't do yoga.


I have sewn up the city park tee now about eight times. I sewed with velvet for the first time and haven't worn velvet for years. I read everything I could find about sewing with velvet. My fabric is a stretch velvet which can be treated like a knit, but with a light touch with the iron when ironing seams. Hemming this shirt with being light on the iron proved to be the hardest thing about sewing with velvet. I really like this shirt it feels luxurious.

 Side note: I read on social media and blogs that sewing t-shirts are so easy. They definitely come together quickly. When I first started sewing t-shirts in 2016, sewing the neckband was a bit tricky for me and I have improved each time I have sewn a t-shirt. My tips are don't skip quartering the neckband and shirt. The neckband won't distribute evenly around the neckline and you probably will have a couple of inches left of the shirt's neckline to sew with the neckband, but run out of neckband fabric. Stretch only the neckband not the shirt otherwise, you will be stretching out your neckline. I also never thought I would sew so many t-shirts when it's easy enough to buy them at the store. I find that I really like choosing the fabric for shirt instead of relying what's available in the store.




Comments