Striped Knit Morris Blazer

Pattern: Morris Blazer by Grainline Studio


I started sewing the Morris Blazer when I faced some road blocks in sewing a jacket. I needed a breather and a project that would make sewing fun again. I used the sew-along on Grainline Studio's blog. I should have read it from the very beginning because there was a note about sewing the Morris Blazer in knit with a four way stretch because at first the facing kept coming out weirdly around the corners, but I used extra interfacing and the problem was fixed.


I shortened the sleeves out of necessity. I used the same fabric to make a jacket and had only enough fabric to make the sleeves elbow length.  I have thrown own the blazer whenever I get cold and need an extra layer. The knit fabric feels pretty comfy and soft. I really like wearing stripes, but I hardly ever sew stripes because I don't get how to match fabric (And yes, I have read up on the subject.). I sometimes can cut out the fabric and the stripes match, but then I take it to the sewing machine and it no longer matches once sewn. While not completely 100% matching, I felt like the matching was pretty decent. Sewing up the blazer was just what I needed to get back to sewing the jacket and I am quite pleased with how the blazer turned out.


Comments