Carolyn Pajama Pants and City Park Tee

Pants: Carolyn Pajamas by Closet Case Patterns     Shirt: City Park Tee by Hey June Patterns


Before I learned to sew, I really like clothes shopping and I was a sucker for pajama pants. I found once on super sale some J.Crew pajama pants that were the perfect fit. The J.Crew pajama pants (They even have piping.) remind me of the Carolyn pajama pants. One of the first things I ever sewed was pajama pants and I still have the pattern, but sadly don't like the fit. The pants pattern were extra wide and baggy in the legs.






This is my first Closet Case pattern and I have to say as a personal preference I did not like the instructions in the two column layout without the steps being numbered. I did get used to it, but I do like other instruction formats better.

I did not sew the top for the Carolyn pajamas. I don't like my top being matchy-matchy with the pants. When and if I do sew up a top, I will probably choose a different fabric to avoid matching my pants.  Also, my sewing machine right now is not sewing button holes up correctly right now. It sews the left side and then does not want to sew the right side. I need to get that fixed.

The pattern was easy to sew. I sewed up the pajamas in a cotton flannel. The pockets for a second gave me a double take. How do I flip the pocket correctly?  Sewing is like building a puzzle and knowing how to rearrange your fabric pieces is part of the game of sewing if sewing was a game.


I am also wearing a City Park Tee by Hey June Patterns. I have made six versions of this shirt and am sewing up a seventh. The pattern is a workhorse and a great staple. The women's version is the Union St. Tee, but I sew from the junior's line because I'm tiny. This version that I am wearing is the v-neck and Adrianna has a great video tutorial on how to sew a v-neck. I used an athletic apparel knit fabric with 2-way stretch and sized up. I like that Hey June patterns have the layer feature, so I only print the size I need.

Comments